Monday, January 18, 2010

I met my husband on June 18, 2007. We had the same favorite movie, Me You and Everyone We Know. For Christmas in 2008 he got me No one belongs here more than you. Three weeks ago, I received Learning To Love You More from my secret santa, Blake Webb. Miranda July is the director, author and project leader of these three artworks. I am comfortable saying she is my hero.










I encourage you to watch and read these.
))<>((

__________________________________________________


Learning To Love You More is a project that was started by Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher. They had a revelation that sometimes our most profound experiences come from following other people's instructions. When making crepes from a recipe, attempting to do a handstand in yoga class or singing someone else's song. Sometimes it seems like the moment we let go of trying to be original, we actually find something new-which was the whole point of being artists in the first place. (Miranda July & Harrell Fletcher)

I am accepting these instructions, the 70 assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment