Monday, May 24, 2010

assignment #55

#55 Photograph a significant Outfit
Remember exactly what you were wearing during a recent significant moment. Maybe it was the day that your boyfriend broke up with you, or the day your nephew was born, or the day you decided to become vegetarian. It should be something that happened in the last six months. Lay out what you were wearing on the floor as if you were dressing an invisible flat person. Tuck the shirt into the pants, the socks into the shoes, etc. Don't forget the other things that complete your outfit such as jewelry, purse, hat, etc. Do not add anything extra, like a wig or mask-just the clothes that you were wearing. Stand on a chair or table and photograph the clothes directly above. Include the importance of that day, for example, "What I was wearing when I got the phone call about grandma Marris dying." Note: avoid moments that you knew would be significant and so dressed accordingly-such as graduation or Halloween. The outfit itself does not need to be significant, it is what you happened to be wearing when something of emotional significance happened.


What I was wearing when I found out Blake died (5/2/2010).


Blake and my husband, Kelsey met their freshman year of high school. They hit it off immediately and became best friends.

I've always gotten along better with guys, so meeting Kelsey was really ideal. It was kind of like a four for one deal; one lover and three best friends. Through the last three years out of Kelsey's friends, I got really close to Blake. Blake was someone I really looked up to and someone who I felt really comfortable with.

Blake was my secret santa last year; he was the one who bought me, Learning to Love You More. He is the reason I decided to do these assignments. It's weird, I've lost friends-close friends before and I've lost family members, but this is different. Blake became one of my best friends and I hate that he won't be looking at my blog anymore to see what next assignment I've been working on.

I feel like this goes without saying, but I will say it anyway- the rest of my assignments are dedicated to Blake.

I miss you, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment